A Dishwasher is an important appliance in a modern kitchen, almost impossible to be without.
Butler’s Plumbing installs and replaces all dishwasher brands and we hook up their water supply lines and drains to provide you with years of trouble-free service.
Your dishwasher is connected to your kitchen sink’s water supply line and it depends on the sink’s drainage system to get rid of spent water at the end of a cycle. If the sink plumbing is clogged, water will back up into your dishwasher.
Maintenance of this appliance is critical and will help to insure efficient dishwasher performance. There are signs of malfunctioning to look for such as rust around the drain or food blockage around filters and gaskets.
When filling the dishwasher don’t block the water sprayer because this will reduce food and germ removal. If not using the dishwasher regularly use a cleaner and a deodorizer for a cycle before putting dishes in.
There are several suggestions for daily use which will prolong the life of a dishwasher.
- Try to avoid using plastic packet dish washer soap on a regular basis because the plastic may not completely dissolve in a cycle.
- Always put sharp knife points down for child safety as well as adult safety when putting them into the dishwasher.
- Fine crystal and metal, or cast iron pots should not be put in the dishwasher for possible breakage and the possibility of leaving a metallic film.
- Rust stains can be treated with rest remover.
- It is important to never run a partially full load of dishes because it may cause dish breakage.
- Placing of pots and pans on the lower rack and glasses on cups in the upper is the best use of a dishwasher cycle and once again can prevent breakage.
Although most dishwashers today are not made of metal, the best type of dishwasher tub is the metal tub. The metal tub lasts longer and resists hard water and sound dampening. The metal also holds the heat longer as well dries the dishes faster. Metal tubs may be more expensive but in the end you will get your money back in machine longevity.
Butler Plumbing of Hilton Head, Bluffton and surrounding areas offers plumbing tips and hope they will save you time and money on all your household plumbing needs.